Willowgate Activity centre nestles on the banks of the beautiful River Tay just 2 miles outside of Perth City centre and offers a host of exhilarating activities in the ultimate natural playground.
Try your hand at stand up paddleboarding, aqua zorbing or go kayaking on their sports lake. Want to get close to nature? How about a guided tour on the River Tay?
So you live in Perthshire and haven't made it along to the Willowgate Activity Centre yet? Need a little convincing? Here's 10 good reasons to make the trip.
- Water and Land based activities to chose from. Canoeing your thing? Great! Not fond of the water because you watched Jaws too many times as a kid? That's ok too. You can channel your inner Robin Hood with a visit to the archery range.
- Family Fun- we have activities to suit all ages and abilities. If you are unsure what activity is suitable for you our staff are onhand to help you decide.
- Outdoor education- In my day outdoor education at school was pretty scarce; one afternoon in standard grade biology we went up Craigie Hill to look at tadpoles. That was the highlight. Things have moved on since then and Willowgate Activity Centre offer curriculum linked programmes in a safe and secure learning environment. They even have an outdoor covered classroom and all staff are experienced and DBS Checked.
- Team Building Events- just because you're no longer at school doesn't mean you are too old to learn new things. Willowgate provides the perfect choice for organisations and event management. Safe, fun and tailored to meet the needs of each group.
- Outdoor Education & Bush Craft- if you've been watching a bit of Bear Grylls and think that you could handle that sort of thing then you can learn new skills like animal tracking, water filtration, fire lighting and shelter building. You'll have your own channel 4 series in no time.
- Hen and Stag packages- anyone who has been best man or a bridesmaid knows how much of a nightmare it can be organising them. If you don't want to go with the usual go-karting for guys or spa-days for girls then Willowgate can help you out with a package that meets your needs.
- Ability to hire gear- if you want to get in to Mountain biking or canoeing but don't want to invest a fortune before you know if it's the right hobby for you then you can hire the kit you need until you decide to invest in your own.What's more - all the kit at Willowgate is brand spanking new, straight out of the packet...now what other activity centre offers that eh?
- Aqua Zorbing- for those who have wondered what it's like to be in a hamster ball on the water. Now is your chance to find out, they've got 3 aqua zorbs ready to go. It's an experience you're unlikely to forget.
- Open all year round- a lot of fun outdoor attractions shut up shop in winter but here in Perthshire we're made of stronger stuff than that. At Willowgate you're sure to find something fun to suit you all year round. Whatever the weather.
- After your done with your day of activities you can enjoy a coffee and slice of cake at the cafe, and I've never met a cake I didn't like!
Contact details for Willowgate Activity Centre can be found on our directory HERE>